.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Right now I am reading a book called "Fall On Your Knees" by Ann-Marie MacDonald. I am over 3/4 of the way thru this book and I just want to power read thru the rest of it because the way she writes and the story has me captivated. Yet at the same time, I want to take it slowly and have it unfurl for me a little at at time. I just finished reading a revelation in the book that was like a punch in the stomach and literally brought tears to my eyes. Its a good thing I'm volunteering at the kids school this afternoon, otherwise I'm pretty sure there would be a solid ass grove in the couch and the book would be done by the time the kids got home.

Tomorrow we are heading to Great Wolf Lodge for the day. I'm excited to get away with the kids and hubby, if even just for day. We're going to have a great time doing the slides, well the kids and hubby will anyhow LOL. The one time I went down one of the slides when I got up my knees were bouncing up and down because I was petrified. This will be our first time going when the outdoor pool isn't open, the outdoor pool is actually my favorite spot. I love floating and hanging out in the water and feeling the warm sun shine down on me.

Friday we get to bring home the dog we have adopted. Him name is Toby and he is a 7.5 yr old Labradoodle. I'm soooo excited to bring him home. We've wanted a dog for such a long time, and we've literally found the perfect dog for our family. Its going to be a change for sure, but I can't wait.

Before I go, a couple of kid funnies from yesterday. First Lucas had a really rough night Monday, he woke up several times crying in pain, saying his ear hurt. Because of this he slept in late, he's usually the first one up wanting breakfast around 7. On this day he didn't wake up until almost 930, by this time Peter had already headed into work, and he's the one that does the kids breakfast (since I do lunch and dinner). So Lucas wakes up, and the first words out of his mouth are "where's daddy?" I told him that daddy was already at work, to which he responded "but he's supposed to give me food" LOL.
Next involves Juleigha, Lucas and Melyssa. I was getting things ready to start cooking dinner last night, preheating the oven, putting tinfoil in the baking pan. When the kids noticed I was starting to cook dinner, all three of them go "why aren't we having pancakes?? Today is pancake day". Apparently their Kindergarten teacher had shared with them that today we pancake Tuesday, so my meal of oven fried porkchops got scraped and pancakes were made instead.

Barely Written by geenalyn at 11:11 AM |

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Allison said........
Oh, that is one of my favorite books of ALL TIME! It's just an amazing read!
 


At 7:14 PM, Blogger geenalyn said........
I was borrowing Kath's copy but once I got into it, went out and bought my own because I know this will be a book that gets reread for sure!!
 


At 2:02 PM, Blogger Gina said........
I have not read it, but have written it on the list of " Books I will buy from Amazon when I get my tax refund" Thursday is pancake Day in Sweden and the kids actually try to go bananas when I will not cook them!
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.