.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Thursday, September 04, 2008
Well we are back to the grind...kids started school this week. Lucas is off to Kindergarten with his sisters this year. I can't believe my baby is now in real school. I did really well though...i didn't cry when i put him on the bus yesterday. I think it was because he was so excited i just was excited for him too. So far they all seem to be enjoying it. Lucas is in the same class with Juleigha and Melyssa which is great because they all have each other. Melyssa came home from school today and started to cry because she didn't get a chance to play with Juleigha at school. Of course they have all afternoon to play with each other at home, but Melyssa really wanted to play with her at school today it seems lol. With all the kids in school now, i have about 2.5 hrs or so all to myself in the mornings. Its so weird to be all alone, and i'm trying to find things to do with my time. Today i switched over the girls fall closet so that its ready for them, and tomorrow I'll bring out Lucas fall stuff. I've got to get Daynah to start trying on her clothes so i know what fits and what doesn't. I plan on working out at least three mornings a week....i'm going to start that next week though. I'm also going to volunteer at the school at least once a week. I've wanted to be able to do that since Daynah started but couldnt' because of the younger kiddos, now i can and i can't wait!!

Daynah started 3rd grade this year and she's in a 3/4 split. She has a male teacher this year, her very first, and he seems quite nice. He's in his 10th year of teaching and seems to really enjoy what he does. He already has their first fieldtrip scheduled. Daynah gets a locker this year, so she feels like she's all grown up lol. Of course while she has a locker she keeps forgetting to leave her indoor shoes and extra clothes in it....i reminded her a million times this morning so hopefully she'll remember today.

Daynah turns 8 on Monday, so we are heading to Great Wolf Lodge on Sunday to celebrate. I don't feel like throwing a bday party this year...with her bday so early in September its hard to get one planned with school having just started. So Peter and I decided this year we'd surprise her with a trip to the Lodge. We'll head there Sunday afternoon and stay the night and skip school monday to play at the water park before heading home. Hoping to keep it a surprise until we drive up in front of it :)

Now here's a few pictures of the kids on their first day of school

Daynah on her first day of third grade

climbing on the bus...i love her smile here

Juleigha on her first day of Senior Kindergarten, this is her newest pose

Lucas on his first day of Junior Kindergarten

Melyssa on her first day of Senior Kindergarten

My Three Kindergarteners!!



Barely Written by geenalyn at 1:56 PM |

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Burgh Baby said........
I can't fathom getting three kids ready for school in the morning. Go you!
 


At 9:42 AM, Blogger Mamapumpkin said........
Hi, I just wanted to say that I love...............your blog header, it's so simple and absolutely beautiful. Love it!!! And your kids, they look gorgeous too. Four kids? Oh my goodness....*bows down in respect*
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.