.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Monday, July 21, 2008
We went on vacation last week. We spent the first two days of our vacation at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls. This was our first visit and we weren't disappointed. Everything was super clean, all the staff was amazingly friendly. Daynah made friends with a girl named Jillian who worked in the Cub Club, Daynah looked for her every where we went. Jillian even made Daynah a friendship bracelet and let her help DJ. The kids loved the waterpark, and i absolutlely adored the outdoor pool. I swear if i could have spent my whole time out there i would have been a happy camper...but the kids wanted to do the slides inside. The first day all the kids stuck to the little slides, but the second day the lifeguards noticed Daynah and said she was too tall for them, so we went off to a few of the bigger slides that the kiddos were just big enough for. Peter had been raging on me to do a slide the whole time we were there. I've never gone down a waterslide in my life, and am quite frankly afraid of them. Of course since my 4 and 5 yr olds went down this waterslide, mommy had to as well. When i reached the bottom of the slide, my leg was quivering and my heart was racing...dear lord was i scared lmao. Of course the kids wanted to go again, and after walking up the 88 steps to get to the slide, i had no other choice to go back down. While not as scared the second time, i certaintly didn't enjoy it. We had a great time, but i was happy to leave when we did. Between the water park all day, and late evenings i was beat!!

We went to the touristy area of Niagara Falls one night for dinner and walked by Ripley's Believe It or Not. How cool is this dress??!! Its made completely from starburst wrappers...i love starburst.
The kids in front of some dinosaur minature golf fountain in Niagara Falls. Lucas loved this because he likes to pretend he's a baby sharp tooth and I'm the mommy sharp tooth.


After our two days in Niagara Falls we drove to visit my family and friends in Annapolis Maryland. We chilled, we visited, we ate things we can't get here in the Great White north (mmm Rita's). The pictures above are from when we visited my mom and dad at work on the Naval Academy....growing up that place was my second home (my dad was enlisted for 20 yrs and will celebrate the anniversary of being retired from the military for 20 yrs at the end of the month). We spent 3 full days there and 4 nights...and then we drove the long drive home. We made it back Friday night and everyone was thrilled to sleep in their own beds (me especially, three people in a double bed just does not work).

Of course now that we are home, we've got a broken washing machine, a house that needs cleaned and the weather has been crappy so the kids are driving me crazy. Peter and I celebrate our 10 yr wedding aniversary on Thursday and we are getting tattoos on Monday!! My parents come up on Tuesday for 3 days so have to get ready for that, and the kids start swimming lessons again on Monday...they have gymnastics on Saturday, squeeze in speech for Juleigha and Lucas and i'm busy busy busy.

Barely Written by geenalyn at 8:54 PM |

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Mary said........
Sounds like a great vacation! Carrie just went to the one about 3 hours away, and I think it would be a blast. Too bad my kids aren't HUGE on water....
 


At 9:15 PM, Blogger Tink said........
That sounds like an awesome vacation! Well, accept for the water slides maybe. ;)

We have a Ripley's Believe It or Not here too. Did you know that they're all different? You should come check this one out. Eh? Eh?

P.S. Your kids are SO photogenic.
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.