.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Today has been a really great day. This morning after Peter left to take the girls to the bustop, i headed out to their school. It was time for their monthly awards ceremony, and while Juleigha didn't know it she was receiving an award. It's called a Dragon Power Award. Its given to students who show that they are kind to others, set a good example for others, are responsible students and cooperate well. None of the three girls knew i was going to be there, so when Daynah came in with her class and she spotted me she was excited. After a few short presentations, the Kindergarten was the first grade to receive their awards. Juleigha looked so happy and proud when she heard her name called. Seeing her smile just warmed my heart. After the awards assembly was over i was able to pull her aside for a few pictures. I wanted to get her picture done with the principal, but she is such a shy sweetie that she she was having none of that.

doesn't she look super proud??!!

After the assembly, I still had about an hour before it was time to pickup Lucas so I headed home. I stopped at the mailbox on my way. When i pulled out my mail the first thing i saw was "Official Election" and i got excited. Once inside the house i tore into the envelope and pulled out my absentee ballot. I literally had the biggest grin on my face and the feeling of being on cloud nine. I haven't voted in a US election since Bill Clinton was running for President, and had i known how easy it was to become an absentee voter i would have done it 10 yrs ago. I read thru the short pamphlet on how to fill out my ballot and then i sat at the kitchen counter with my #2 pencil. I could feel my giddiness rising as i filled in the bubbles under each category. Once done i put it in the return envelope and sealed it shut. The Maryland primary isn't until Feb 12th, and i have until the second Friday after the election for it to be received, but mine is going out in the mail tomorrow.

seriously the best mail ever!!

So for anyone that reads my blog, if you haven't registered to vote, and you are able to vote go do it. Even if you are living overseas or in a foreign country like me you can still vote. Check out this website Overseas Vote Foundation, this website has all the info you need to register for an absentee ballot. Even if your state primary has passed or you don't think you'll have enough time to make the deadline for the primary, register so you can vote in the general election. Voting is such a powerful right that we have, and everyone should exercise this great privilege we've been given. Seriously there is nothing quite like the feeling you get after you vote...I'm walking around on cloud nine today...you could be too.


Barely Written by geenalyn at 1:48 PM |

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger HB said........
Juleigha is just beautiful!
 


At 10:14 AM, Blogger Ben O. said........
Yep, voting is a pretty cool thing.

Nice pictures - congratulations.

How is "The Undomestic Goddess"? My wife really likes Sofie Kinsella.

Ben O.
 


At 10:20 AM, Blogger geenalyn said........
hb: thanks :)

ben o. Thanks and welcome to my blog!! :) I'm enjoying "The Undomestic Goddess", i've read all her other books as well and haven't been disappointed yet
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.