.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I got the best mail today!!

I've lived here in Canada for almost 10 yrs now, and the past two presidential elections I've wanted to vote, but didn't know exactly how to go about it. Back in December i was cruising around the US consulate site for information on the documents i needed to finally get around to getting the kids US birth certificates, when i came across a vote from abroad link. I eagerly clicked on it and read over the site with a huge smile on my face. I filled out the form online, printed it up and mailed it off.

Today in the mail i got my updated voter registration card!! This card confirms I'm a registered voter for the state of Maryland and it has my married name on it. I called the voter office this afternoon to check to see when i would receive my absentee ballot in the mail, and they are expecting them in the mail any day now and will mail them out to those absentee voters as soon as they arrive. I'm beyond stoked!! I can not wait to cast my vote in the primary election, as well as the presidential election.

Barely Written by geenalyn at 10:10 PM |

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Emily said........
Congrats on figuring it out...and actually filling out the form. LOL

That's further than I have gotten on correcting a..(ahem)...typo...that is sorta...on Spencer's birth certificate. I found the link, but never did the forms.(covering face)

LOL

Betcha can't wait to vote. ;)
 


At 10:43 PM, Blogger geenalyn said........
LOL....i'm totally curious what the typo is on Spencer's birth certificate is....

I've printed out the forms to get the three little kiddos their US BC's...but ya i haven't filled them out yet
 


At 12:47 PM, Blogger Emily said........
LOL, the typo in't a huge deal...just enough to annoy the crud out of me.

Hi middle name is supposed to be Lucas, right? Well, Steve filled out the papers in his crappy handwriting and apparently didn't close the top of his "a" well, so Spencer's legal name right now is 'Spencer Lucus'...

Don't ask me why, but that bothers the bejeebies out of me. LOL
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.