.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Monday, May 28, 2007
Tomorrow Juleigha has her special education intake conference at what will be her school next year when she starts Kindergarten. Today, her speech path gave me the progress report she is going to share with the school. Now I KNOW how significantely delayed her speech is due to the apraxia. I KNOW she's come a long way in the two years that she's been in therapy. But reading the written words on paper again, it makes me cry. I want so much to just be able to wave a magic wand and have Juleigha have normal speech. I want so badly to have it not be so difficult for her to get across what she wants to say because she can't form the sound to make the word. My heart aches for my beautiful girl. I really hope that the conference goes well tomorrow, and that it sets the ground work for Juleigha's success next year.

Barely Written by geenalyn at 9:14 PM |

6 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
(((Geena))) I can only sympathize, as we've been there with Maia. But the good news is that Juleigha WILL get better. And before too long, you'll be telling her to stop talking so much because she's driving you crazy.
 


At 8:20 AM, Blogger mamatulip said........
Keep me posted, okay? I hope things go well today.
 


At 9:30 AM, Blogger Special K ~Toni said........
Good luck! Luke has been in speech for 3 years now, will continue speech for many more years- again- good luck!
 


At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kimmykay said........
I know what you are going thru. everytime we do a conference for Georgia I just want to cry. I know she will be a strong girl but I wish this wasn't the way to do it. ONe day I'll blog about the kids that ran away from her when she tried to catch up to them going to class. I never knew I would want to beat up another 6 yo child. sad sigh. Hugs to you.
 


At 3:37 PM, Blogger Tink said........
I hope everything went well yesterday!! Update us soon.
 


At 1:43 PM, Blogger Gina said........
G: just remember what is normal for Juleigha, don't measure her by your standards of what normal should be... Everyone will love her for who she is inspite of her differences. She will probably be the most popular (and imaginative) child in the class! I don't know if baby girl suffers from apraxia because she does not speak but if she does, we will continue to fight for her in a voice she can understand. HUGS!!!
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.