.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Friday, May 25, 2007
So its Memorial Day weekend in the states, and as an American living in Canada, i notice my homesickness is worse during holidays and holiday weekends. Because its the long weekend in the states, i feel like my husband should honor me by taking the monday off, regardless of the fact that canada's long weekend was last week. It's funny, i've been living here in Canada for 9 yrs now (9 yrs just last week, i came up on Victoria Day weekend), and yet it's still not my home. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE canada. I love the health care system, i love how friendly people are, i love the multi-cultrualism. I am a proud canadain citizen (yep got that 5 yrs ago now), but i'm also an incredibly proud american. Its' that proud american in me that makes me want to celebrate this long weekend. To spend time with my family and friends, to grill hamburgers and eat macaroni salad. To walk around downtown annapolis eating icecream cones and watching the boats (do i ever miss that). I haven't been home to see my family and friends in 6 months now....and this long weekend is reminding me of that. So enjoy your friends and family for me, have a great long weekend whatever you plan to do. I'll be spending my regualar weekend with these four (below), letting them talk to grandma and grandpa on the phone and maybe doing a little bbq and macaroni salad just to stay connected.


Barely Written by geenalyn at 11:00 AM |

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Special K ~Toni said........
They are adorable!
 


At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kimmykay said........
I miss my family too. I called a friend last night and some other friends were over there and I started missing them all over again. I LOVE the kids' picture. They look so happy. You are one lucky momma!
 


At 10:18 PM, Blogger LittleTechGirl said........
They are sooo cute! Come down to Chicago for bbq whenever you want Dear. ;)
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.