.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Sunday, April 01, 2007
I've taken the plunge...

It was about 10 months ago that i made a few cakes for Mamatulip's daughter Julia. After making these cakes i pondered whether I should start up my own little cake decorating business. I gave it a lot of thought, but wasn't sure how i'd get started so the idea kinda floundered.

I've made cupcakes for the kids preschool class a few times, and the moms always rave about them. We were discussing cakes and I said how i make my own cake batter, icing and i decorate cakes for my kiddos. One of the moms asked if i would be interested in making a cake for her son's birthday, and i jumped at the offer. So tonight i mixed up the cake, whipped up a batch of icing, tinted it the appropriate colors and decorated with all the proper tips. Do you think i did a good job?? Should i put myself out there and start up a business?? And what do you think cakes like this would be worth??


Here are some other cakes i've made for my own kiddos over the years....


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've got even more pictures...but blogger is being finicky and i'm TIRED!! Let me know what you guys think!!

Barely Written by geenalyn at 12:38 AM |

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
How could they NOT love that cake?! It's awesome!
 


At 5:27 PM, Blogger Tink said........
Ok, that is damn impressive. The most creative cake I ever made was a tombstone for Halloween. Not very creative though since they're generally square. Your cakes look beautiful and yummy!
 


At 2:22 PM, Blogger Di said........
Seriously, I would pay for those cakes. That is amazing.
 


At 5:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Definately start a side business. Those cakes are great and I would definately pay for one.
 


At 11:48 PM, Blogger geenalyn said........
thanks so much for your feedback!!
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.