.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Thursday, July 12, 2007
Dana tagged me to tell everyone eight things about my husband and me. Not sure there is anything exciting left to tell after i did this post recently...but here goes.

1. He asked me to marry him on my 20th birthday. We went out to dinner at the CN tower and then for a walk along the lakeshore. It was during the walk that he had stopped for what i assumed was to tie his shoe, so i kept walking. He had to call me back so that he could propose.

2. He snuck me into the country 2 months before our wedding. When crossing the border since the car was loaded down with my belongings they made us pull over and go inside to be questioned. Neither of us could look at the border agent while answering her questions. I told them we had no plans for marriage as i wanted to finish school first and that i was only up for the summer. Thankgod they didn't search the car, because my wedding dress was in the trunk!

3. We will be married 9 yrs on the 24th of July. I was only 21 yrs old when we got married (and had only been 21 for 17 days

4. Our first Valentine's day together we sent each other the exact same gift. A stuffed eeyore holding a heart from the Disney Store.

5. Our screen names when we met online were Kelsey and Tear. Kelsey for him because his parents own several Kelsey's restuarants and he was working at one at the time. Tear for me, because it had been a longtime nickname as i tend to be an emotional person. My second tattoo i got a teardrop tattoo'd on my ankle because of how we met.

6. My husband and I have completely different senses of humour. Or i guess as he would say, he has no humour filter, so he finds even the stupidest stuff funny and i just roll my eyes at him

7. Hubby only wanted to have two kids, i talked him into three....we've been blessed with four. He's totally good with the four we have..i'd take a few more if i could.

8. Inside our wedding bands we have engraved "love always and forever" its how we've always signed our letters and emails to each other

Now my turn to tag some people

Alien
Kim
Mary
MamaT
Insurgent Scrapbooker
Jeanne

Barely Written by geenalyn at 2:13 PM |

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Mamapumpkin said........
Awww...I really enjoyed that. Especially about his sense of humour.
 


At 3:06 PM, Blogger geenalyn said........
Thanks!! and thanks for stopping by and commenting too :)
 


At 3:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
You are SO lucky they didn't search your car!
 


At 3:43 PM, Blogger geenalyn said........
Dana: I know!! We had it buried in the trunk of his car at the very back behind everything else of mine we could cram in the trunk. Both of us spent our questioning looking over the missing children's posters because we couldn't look the border agent in the eyes
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.