.testpic { background-color: #FFFFCC; } -->

Perpetual Exhaustion
hanging on by a thread

Friday, January 12, 2007
Come in, sit down, make yourself confortable. How do you like the new digs? There are still a few bugs to work out, but i'm excited to finally have it up and running.

Oldest daughter went back to school on Monday, i did a happy dance once she was on the bus and headed towards school. Nothing makes me happier then getting back into our routines. Tuesday the twins headed back to school as well. As i was enjoying my quiet time with Lucas that morning, the phone rang...call display said it was oldest daughters school. At not even 10:20 am, i knew this call was going to be bad news. The school secretary had daughter in the office with her, daughter was complaining of her being sick and feeling like she was going to throw up. I talked to OD on the phone and asked her how she felt, let her know that if she came home, it meant she had to rest on the couch all day, no playing...she agreed. Picked her up and killed sometime before getting the twins from their school as well. While waiting for the twins to come out of their class, OD is chasing son up and down the hallway. We get home and everyone has lunch. OD is dancing around and bouncing on the couch. She tells me she feels better, she wants to play. Sorry sweetheart, the deal was i'd get you cause you are sick and therefore would rest on the couch all day. She was none too amused with that. Next time the school calls and she complains she's sick she better have a fever or have puked, else she's staying put.

Yesterday after picking the twins up from school, i swung by mcdonald's to treat them to lunch. We get home, i get everyone out of the car and head them into the house. I grab my purse, the mail, the girls backpacks', the happy meal bags, the tray with the milks...my hands are quite full. Just as i shut the car door and start heading towards the door to go into the house, i watch it close. I figure fine, no big deal, i have just enough finger room to turn the handle without dropping anything. I turn the knob, push in on the door and it doesn't budge. My children have successfully locked me out of the house. I bang on the door, telling them to turn the lock. I hear them fiddling with it...but evidently they aren't strong enough to turn the lock back. So i drop all the things in my hands, dig for my keys to unlock the door and let myself in. I should add that all the while my son is inside crying "mommy mommy" not sure if he was upset because i wasn't inside or because i had his lunch.

and as further evidence of needing to watch what i say....oldest daughter said Jesus Christ yesteday morning. Now granted i'd rather hear her say JC and flippin' as opposed to the more colorful language that i used to use all the freakin' time...but its still not quite appropriate for my SIX year old daughter.

So now that i have a shiney new template...i hope to be blogging on a regular basis. If i slack..get on me about it okay :)

Barely Written by geenalyn at 1:53 PM |

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
*snort* Your kid says Jesus Christ, mine flips me off. Julia went through a "Jesus Christ" phase...it didn't last too long. I think she moved on to "Fuck" after that.

LOL.
 


At 4:55 PM, Blogger EE said........
...and mine says 'fuck'....sigh...

Oooo, very pretty! :) Liking the new digs.

H used to think it was incredibly hilarious to lock the front door while I was out feeding animals. Me...uh, not so much. [shaking head]
 


At 2:04 PM, Blogger Gina said........
Nice layout! I muttered that the smallest was being a real beyotch and she looked at me and wiggled the naughty finger at me! Guess she understood by the tone that it was naughty, LOL!
 


At 12:38 AM, Blogger Mary said........
Um just a couple of hours ago Clara asked Tom "Are you going to turn the fucking movie on now?"

uh. yeah. Don't say that at school sweetie.....

We thought Clara let Bailey (dog) out in the front yard today because we didn't see her out the back window. Now she has to ask everytime she lets an animal in or out...
 



Copyright © 2006-2009 by G. All rights reserved.